This is the first screen you will see, and it contains a lot of information:
- the # of tasks displayed (very top of the screen)
- a list of tasks with names, tags, and upcoming deadlines
- the importance of the task on the right side
- a check box to complete the task on the left
- a timer icon on the left, if you are working on this task
You can change exactly what is displayed in the settings menu. If you don’t have a lot of tasks, there will also be a button that allows you to add a new task. Tasks marked (H) are actually hidden, but are being displayed because of certain filters you have selected, or because they were only recently set to be hidden.
Tasks are displayed in a predetermined order that takes into consideration the importance of the task, whether it has deadlines coming up in the next week, and how long it will take to complete it. You can change this order by using the “Sort/Filter” menu – you can sort by Name or Due Date, ascending or descending.
From the task list, you can do a number of things:
- Click on a task to expand the listing and see more details
- Click on the task’s check box to mark the task as finished (or un-complete a finished task)
- Swipe your finger quickly from Right to Left to go to the tags view
- Start typing to create a new task
- Select a task with the trackball and press 1-4 to change a task’s priority
- Long-click on a task to view a context menu:
- Edit or delete the task
- Start / stop the timer to signify whether you are working on the task
- Postpone a task (if it has a deadline) to be a procrastinator! Boo!
- Click the menu button
When you click on the menu button you will get the followowing options
For help on Astrid’s synchronization features, please read the synchronization information page.